The short answer…
The answer is the same as how you work with a full-time digital director. Make sure your fractional digital director is involved in all management meetings. Immerse us in all elements your business. So we can provide you with the best advice on how you can develop your business using digital solutions.
The slightly longer answer…
The longer answer is pretty much the same as above. Treat us as an integral part of you team. We don’t want to be thought as external consultants dipping in, but a core member of the team with a genuine interest in helping your business succeed.
Our team work best when we are living and breathing the business. Involved in all management discussions. Having full visibility of the business. So we can think about how digital can help deliver the plan. Or to identify potential risks with developments in the digital landscape.
Your fractional digital director will try to fit in with you and behave like one of the team. We will wear the same dress as your team. We would like a desk, if your team do. But will hot desk if that is the way it is for everyone else. We love to be invited to events and parties, to really get to know, and be part of, the team.
To get an idea of the kind of areas of work a part-time digital director can help with, have a look at some of the areas we can help businesses with on Our Services page.
The benefits of a fractional digital director
However there are some advantages and differences when working with a part-time digital director.
- Lower cost – a fractional digital director costs a fraction of the cost of a full time director. Less time means we focus on what’s important and avoid low value activity that full time employees get involved in.
- Avoid Employment risk – if it doesn’t work out you don’t have the risk or costs of transitioning out a full-time digital director.
- Breadth of knowledge – Digital is a broad church. If your fractional digital director isn’t an experts on a particular area, there will be someone in the network who is.
- Change of focus – needs change, for example once you have transformed out some operational issue and won’t to focus more on marketing. A digital director with a different focus may be required. We can easily change your fractional digital director over.
- Change-up a gear – after a successful engagement with one of our fractional digital directors, your business has grown and you realise how valuable a full-time digital director would be. We will help your recruit the right person and give them a great handover / start in the job.
How we engage
The first step in any engagement is a quick phone call to introduce you to Digital Leaders. We will discuss your requirements, challenged and opportunities and see if we think that we can help.
If it feels like a good match and that your business could benefit from our help we will arrange a follow-up consultation at your premises to work through the scope and plan for an engagement. This will help us chose the right person from our network for your specific needs.
We will then hold a follow-up meeting for you to meet the Digital Leader we are proposing. You can talk through the business with them, find out more about their expertise and make sure you are happy with them.
If this sounds interesting drop us a note through our Contact Us page. We will be happy to have a chat and see if we can help.